One of the highest profile people in the world, Oprah Winfrey, has accepted the invitation to give Spelman College’s 2012 commencement address, according to the Atlantic Journal-Constitution. The college’s graduation ceremony is set for May 20 at the George International Convention Center. Some 550 students are expected to graduate. Ms. Winfrey is no stranger to Spelman. She received an honorary degree from the college in 1993 and will be given the National Community Service Award this year.
- D’Angelo Announces New Album ‘Black Messiah’ & You Can Get A Free Copy Of ‘Sugar Daddy’!
- Moms Of Trayvon Martin, Michael Brown, Eric, Garner and Tamir Rice Talk To CNN’s Anderson Cooper
- #BlackLivesMatter: “Activism And Sports Have Always Gone Hand In Hand In This Country”
- Kanye, Racism, Fame…Oh My: What Chris Rock Thinks About Everything Serves Up The Best Quotes Ever
- Styles P. Addresses The Racist State of Society On “White Ni**az” [MUSIC]