* Never leave anyone or animal in a parked car on a hot day even if the windows are cracked.
* Avoid strenuous activities during the day
* Dress with lightweight, light-colored clothing to reflect heat and sun
* Eat less protein, food that increases metabolic heat production and increases water loss
* Drink plenty of water even if you don’t feel thirsty. Avoid alcohol and caffeine as they tend to increase water loss
* Spend as much time as possible in air-conditioned buildings
* Don’t get too much sun, as sunburn reduces your body’s ability to cool itself