1. Have adult supervision. Accompany your kids if you don’t think they’re old enough to trick-or-treat on their own.
2. There is safety in numbers. If they’re old enough to trick-or-treat without an adult, tell your kids to stay in a group.
3. Map out your plan. Designate a route before your kids begin trick-or-treating, and make sure they stick to it.
4. Take the long way ’round. Have your kids trick-or-treat in areas where there are a lot of people around. They should also avoid taking short-cuts through alleys and parking lots.
5. Try tick-or-treat-friendly homes. Ensure your kids only visit houses with lights on. And, you might also suggest the houses they visit have some sort of Halloween decoration on the porch.
6. Stay outside. Make sure your kids don’t go inside someone’s house. They can get their candy from the porch.
7. Remain visible. Dress your kids in a bright costume so others can see them. If their costume is dark, have your kids wear reflective strips or carry a glow stick or flashlight.
8. Remember, shorter = safer. Goes without saying but just in case you forget, ensure your kids’ costumes aren’t so long that they can trip over them.
9. Don’t cover the face. Instead of masks, have your kids wear make-up so they can see better.
10. Quality-check treats. Check your kids’ candy before they eat it. Throw out any candy that is not in its original wrapper or looks like it has been tampered with.
11. Say “no” to strangers. Tell your kids to never accept a ride or go anywhere with a stranger.
12. Obey the law. Encourage your kids to follow all the regular rules for walking around. That includes looking both ways before crossing, obeying all traffic laws and using cross walks and crossing lights where available.
13. Have a great time! Finally, make sure your kids have tons of fun and get lots and lots of candy.
Check Out Da Brat’s Baby Shower
Tyler Perry, Diddy, 50 Cent, Shaquille O’Neal, trying to buy BET
Great White Shark Spotted at Myrtle Beach Just Before Memorial Day Weekend
Dani Leigh Locked Up For DUI!
53rd Annual Bimbe Cultural Arts Festival
Puppies Ready For Adoption at Second Chance Shelter!
Rocky Mount Attractions Open Memorial Day Weekend
Wayne County Landfill to Host Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day