I jacked this from Rap-Up but here are 5 facts about “Tupac’s” appearance at Coachella last night.
Folks have been inquiring all day about how the show was put together well here ya go…
1. Tupac’s protective mother Afeni Shakur was “positively thrilled” after seeing the lifelike portrayal of her son, according to TMZ. While she was not in attendance at the festival, she did watch the live stream on YouTube.
2. Dr. Dre asked Afeni for approval to incorporate her son into his performance and she agreed. As a thank you, Dre reportedly made a donation to the Tupac Amaru Shakur Foundation.
3. The Tupac hologram was Dre’s idea. He called on San Diego-based company AV Concepts, who took nearly four months to create it in a studio. “We worked with Dr. Dre on this and it was Dre’s vision to bring this back to life,” Nick Smith, president of AV Concepts, told MTV News. “It was his idea from the very beginning and we worked with him and his camp to utilize the technology to make it come to life.”
4. The exact cost of bringing Pac back to life for one night is undisclosed, but is estimated in the price range of $100,000 to upwards of $400,000.
5. According to Daz Dillinger, Nate Dogg was originally supposed to appear as a hologram as well, but a last-minute decision was made not to use him. Instead photos of the late rapper flashed across the screen as Snoop performed “Ain’t No Fun.”