MIAMI — A Florida man choked to death after downing dozens of live roaches during a contest earlier this year in which the grand prize was a python, according to an autopsy released Monday.
MUST READ: Does The GOP Have A Diversity Problem
Edward Archbold (pictured), 32, of West Palm Beach died as a result of “asphyxia due to choking and aspiration of gastric contents,” according to the report released by the Broward County medical examiner’s office. It said his airway was obstructed by the roach body parts, which caused him to not be able to breathe.
Lab tests for drugs came back negative. The death has been ruled an accident.
Archbold died after downing the bugs as well as worms in the Oct. 6 contest at Ben Siegel Reptile Store in Deerfield Beach, about 40 miles north of Miami.
Messages left with the store’s owner and his attorney were not immediately returned.
Want to Keep Up With NewsOne.com? LIKE Us On Facebook!
Archbold became ill shortly after the contest and collapsed in front of the store. He was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.
About 30 people ate the insects, but authorities said none of the other contestants became ill.
Florida Man Chokes To Death During Roach-Eating Contest was originally published on newsone.com
Ciara’s 10K for the Holidays
Charlamagne Tha God Says Drake Had An “On Sight” Order On His Head
Cassie Settles Rape/Abuse Lawsuit With Sean "Diddy" Combs
Washed Crooner Aaron Hall Getting Dragged For All The Filth After Rape Accusation With Diddy
Cassie Accuses Sean Combs of Rape and Years of Abuse in Lawsuit
Tisha Campbell-Martin Responds To Duane and Will Smith Gay Rumors
Social Media Reacts To Drake’s New Face Tattoo, Translates To “Poor” & “Misfortune” In Arabic
Rep. George Santos Not Going For Second Term After Getting Caught Spending Campaign Funds For OnlyFans and Sephora, Social Media Reacts