Funeral plans have been confirmed by Leevy’s Funeral Home for slain South Carolina state Sen. Clementa Pinckney,one of nine victims in the shooting massacre carried out by Dylan Roof at a Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in Charleston South Carolina.
The arrangements are as follows:
The casket of Sen. Clementa Pinckney will be at the State House for public viewing in the rotunda lobby area between House and Senate chambers on Wednesday from 1-5 p.m
▪ The first will be from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at St. John AMC Church in Ridgeland at 2740 Tillman Road.
▪ The second viewing will be from 6-8 p.m. at Emanuel AME Church, 110 Calhoun St., in Charleston.
The funeral will take place Friday at 11 a.m. at TD Arena on the College of Charleston campus, 301 Meeting St.
Pinckney was born July 30, 1973 in Beaufort, South Carolina to John and the late Theopia Pinckney. He received his B.A. from Allen University in 1995 and a Master of Public Administration from the University of South Carolina in 1999. Pinckney served on the Board of Directors for Southern Mutual Insurance Company and as Pastor of Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in Charleston.
Pinckney was elected to the House of Representatives and served 1997 to 2000 before being elected to the State Senate in 2001, where he served until his death. He leaves behind a wife, Jennifer Pickney , and two children, Eliana Pickney and Malana Pickney and a grieving flock.
- Mother Bethel Will Survive Shooting, But Will America?
- Find Out More About The Victims Of The Charleston AME Emanuel Church Shooting
- What You Should Know About Historic “Mother” Emanuel AME Church Is Important
- How Shooting Victim Clementa Pickney’s Service As Senator And Pastor Calls Us To Do Something
Make sure to join our Facebook Family!
Reverend And Senator Clementa Pinckney Funeral Details was originally published on elev8.hellobeautiful.com