Gospel singer JJ Hairston came by to hang out with “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show!” He explains how his hit song “You’re Mighty” came about, why he loves doing upbeat praise songs, his Stellar Awards nominations, and his new “Amazing Love” project in partnership with his wife.
He also discussed his influence, and how his upbringing in the church lead him to feeling “churched out-” before he realized church was exactly where he needed be, of course! Watch the video above to hear more on that in this exclusive interview!
Check out more cool conversations on “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” right here, and listen live weekdays from 6-10 am E/5-9 am C!
The Color Purple Opened On Broadway, And We Feel Like We Went To Church And Got A Good Word
1. Danielle Brooks during curtain call1 of 10
2. Jennifer Hudson during curtain call2 of 10
3. Cynthia Erivo and Joaquina Kalukango3 of 10
4. Danielle Brooks and Uzo Aduba4 of 10
5. Jennifer Hudson, Cynthia Erivo and Danielle Brooks5 of 10
6. Samira Wiley and Gabrielle Sidibe6 of 10
7. Jennifer Hudson (who plays the role of ‘Shug’ and Margaret Avery (who played the role of ‘Shug Avery’ in the film)7 of 10
8. (L-R) David Otunga Jr, Jennifer Hudson, Nephew of Jennifer Hudson and David Otunga8 of 10
9. ‘Orange is The New Black’ cast Laverne Cox, Selenis Leyva, Samira Wiley, Danielle Brooks, Adrienne Moore, Uzo Aduba, and Lea DeLaria9 of 10
10. Laverne Cox and Danielle Brooks10 of 10
JJ Hairston Explains Why He Was “Churched Out” [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO] was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com