While many speculated that Jhene may have been to blame (rumor had it that she cheated on Dot with Big Sean after Kid Cudi claimed the singer did his right-hand man wrong), Aiko took to Twitter to let people know that wasn’t case.
“never let a man disrespect u in any way. major key,” she said in response to a fan inquiring about the divorce.
She later said in a series of tweets, “i only cheated myself,” adding that she is “so glad to be free from all the drugs, depression and confrontation.”
While the tweet has since been deleted, that didn’t stop followers from trying to piece things together. Some assumed that Dot was possibly abusive toward Jhene, which may have led to their divorce. Dot has finally broken his silence to address the matter.
“Because my nature is peaceful, I’ve been silent out of respect for all involved, and to maintain my privacy,” he said on Instagram. “However, I believe the truth must be heard, which is that I’ve never been violent or abusive towards any woman in my life.”
Read Dot’s statement in its entirety below.
SOURCE: Instagram | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
Digital Cover: Jhene Aiko
1. Jhene Aiko GlobalGrind Cover 1Source:Fly Life Images & GlobalGrind 1 of 9
2. Jhene Aiko - Why So SeriousSource:Fly Life Images & GlobalGrind 2 of 9
3. Vashtie spins inside True in San Francisco at the Ford By Design event.Source:Fly Life Images & GlobalGrind 3 of 9
4. The San Francisco Mural by the Seventh Letter Crew.Source:Fly Life Images & GlobalGrind 4 of 9
5. Jhene Aiko drives the 2016 Ford Fusion.Source:Fly Life Images & GlobalGrind 5 of 9
6. Jhene sings at the Driven By Ford event.Source:Fly Life Images & GlobalGrind 6 of 9
7. Jhene and Vashtie go for a ride in a 2016 Ford.Source:Fly Life Images & GlobalGrind 7 of 9
8. Jhene and Vashtie sit inside a 2016 Ford Fusion.Source:Fly Life Images & GlobalGrind 8 of 9
9. The 2016 Ford Fusion.Source:Fly Life Images & GlobalGrind 9 of 9
Dot Da Genius Breaks His Silence On Divorce From Jhene Aiko was originally published on globalgrind.com