Prince’s ex-wife just released a book and she is spilling some tea.
Mayte Garcia and Prince welcomed a baby boy in 1996, but unfortunately for the couple, he would die six days later due to a rare genetic disorder. Now, in her just-released book about her time with the late singer, she reveals she miscarried one year later. She also claims Prince, who’d recently become a Jehovah’s Witness, ignored her and refused to take her to the hospital.
“Mayte writes that the first trimester of her pregnancy had been going great, and that she felt good and all signs were pointing toward a healthy baby. She wanted to wait, however, to share the good news, given that in October of the previous year she and Prince had lost their son. She eagerly waited until November 19, the day when she could finally share the good news and go in and get an ultrasound and hear her baby’s heartbeat,” Daily Mail explains.
Unfortunately for Garcia, things did not go as planned. “I went into the bathroom and found blood seeping out of me. It felt like a long walk to the telephone,” she revealed in The Most Beautiful: My Life With Prince. When she told Prince, she claims he voiced no concern, nor did he offer his company. After doctors confirmed there was no heartbeat, she informed the singer and she claims his response was “I need to go to the studio.”
After spending some time at her mother’s home, she returned to her husband and told him she’d been “bleeding for days and would be going in to have a dilation and curettage to stop the flow, with her doctor concerned she could hemorrhage and possibly lose her life if she did not undergo the procedure,” according to Daily Mail.
“Nature will take it’s course if you let it,” Prince allegedly told Garcia. “Either we have faith or we don’t.” She had the procedure, alone, despite Prince’s protests. She says he commented, “I don’t believe in what you’re doing.”
19 Surprising Facts About Prince
1. Prince wrote his first song at age 7. He titled it "Funk Machine."Source:Getty 1 of 19
2. Prince once sued Adobe Photoshop to prevent fans from altering his photos. Unfortunately, he lost.Source:Getty 2 of 19
3. Prince's favorite meal was spaghetti and orange juice.Source:Getty 3 of 19
4. The "Purple Rain" soundtrack spent 24 weeks at number one on Billboard.Source:Getty 4 of 19
5. Michael Jackson's "Bad" was supposed to be a duet with Prince.Source:Getty 5 of 19
6. Prince was a devout Jehovah's Witness.Source:Getty 6 of 19
7. In 1980, when John Lennon was murdered, Prince was only a few blocks away.Source:Getty 7 of 19
8. Fleetwood Mac's Stevie Nicks was supposed to write "Purple Rain," but couldn't handle the pressure.Source:Getty 8 of 19
9. Family and friends called Prince "Skipper" as a kid.Source:Getty 9 of 19
10. In 1984, Prince not only had the number one movie in the country, but also the number one single & album.Source:Getty 10 of 19
11. Despite his small stature, Prince was a remarkable basketball player.Source:Getty 11 of 19
12. Prince formed his first band when he was 13 years old.Source:Getty 12 of 19
13. In 2012, Prince dissed Maroon 5 for covering "Kiss."Source:Getty 13 of 19
14. In 2013, Prince performed at "Star Wars" director George Lucas' wedding.Source:Getty 14 of 19
15. The movie "Purple Rain" cost $7 million to make and grossed over $69 million.Source:Getty 15 of 19
16. Prince scrapped his 1987 album "The Black Album" just days before its release.Source:Getty 16 of 19
17. Prince penned The Bangles' "Manic Monday" and Chaka Khan's "I Feel For U."Source:Getty 17 of 19
18. Prince's dad once had a band called Prince Rogers Jazz Trio.Source:Getty 18 of 19
19. Prince sent Janelle Monae a singing telegram asking for a copy of her "The Electric Lady" album.Source:Getty 19 of 19
Prince’s Ex-Wife Claims He Ignored Her After She Miscarried was originally published on globalgrind.com