Chance the Rapper just keeps on winning.
According to TIME, the 24-year old musician/philanthropist is now the youngest person on Fortune’s new 40 Under 40 list. The respected list ranks the most influential people in business, and Chance sure has a lot of that going on.
He currently has a reported net worth of $9 million and has never been signed to a major label. Chano’s 2016 album, Coloring Book, became the first streaming record to make the Billboard 200. But the Chi-town native’s philanthropic work is what makes him one of the most revered young artist of our time.
Back in March, he donated $1 million to Chicago’s public school system after major budget cuts and school closings. On April 16, his 24th birthday, he threw a huge fundraiser, which raised more than $100,000 for his Chicago based non-profit “SocialWorks.”
Congrats to everyone for making the list!
Everyone And Their Mama Was Proud Of Chance The Rapper’s Grammy Victories
1. History.1 of 7
2. Zac Efron is a huge fan. Who knew?2 of 7
3. Steph Curry is proud.3 of 7
4. The king of Chicago, R. Kelly, shouted out the young king.4 of 7
5. Even Larry King had to chime in.5 of 7
6. Chicago Public Schools congratulated the star on a job well done.6 of 7
7. Bishop TD Jakes felt the Chance spirit.7 of 7
Chance The Rapper Is Youngest Person On Fortune’s 40 Under 40 List was originally published on newsone.com