Meta Golding and Isaiah Washington from TVOne’s”Behind The Movement” came through to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.” Meta, who plays Rosa Parks in the film, talked a bit about what she didn’t know about the civil rights icon before the film. By the time Rosa refused to get up on the bus, Meta says, she was already a seasoned activist.
Meta discusses feeling intimidated by the challenge of portraying such an iconic figure, and working together to capture the authentic spirit of the time and people involved. Plus, Meta talks about the crafting of a very strategic image of Rosa Parks that was put out for the sake of the movement, versus the actual human being that Rosa Parks was. Check out this exclusive video to hear more in this interview from “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Kendrick Lamar Performs Virgil Abloh Tribute At Louis Vuitton SS23 Show [Video]
- Flamin’ Hot Cheetos Led Megan Thee Stallion to Sign with Jay-Z’s Roc Nation
- Leiomy, Law Roach and More Step Into the Metaverse ‘Culture Series: PRIDE Unbound’ Discussing Ballroom Culture
- Feds Want Longer Jail Sentence for Nicki Minaj’s Husband
- The Sky Isn’t Falling: Irv Gotti Says Drake’s ‘Honestly, Nevermind’ Will Bring Hip-Hop’s Decline
- Snapchat Looking Out For 25 Black Content Creators, Annouces Funding & Mentorship Program
- Believe The Hype: Bill Cosby’s Sticky Situation, What’s Up With Flights & More
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade To Make Abortion Unconstitutional
- Lil TJay’s Road To Recovery, Chris Brown’s New Album Features & More!
- Biden Proposes Summer Gas Tax Holiday for Relief At The Pumps
Meta Golding On Why Rosa Parks’ Image Was Altered For The Movement [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO] was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com