Cole Parker, CEO of Divas In Defense, came through to talk to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.” Not only is it Teen Dating Violence Awareness Month, but human trafficking is also at an all-time high. Women are the main targets in both situations, so Cole breaks down how women can move smarter and be more aware as to reduce the risk of becoming targets.
Cole also breaks down ways to survive if you are ever targeted. He also explains why, if someone were to ever hold a gun to you and demand that you “get in the car,” that is not an option. Instead, you’ve got to fight tooth and nail to protect yourself. He talks about move called the “oh no you didn’t,” and more. Check out this exclusive interview for more helpful tips on “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- [WATCH] A Southern Tradition Gives Back In A Big Way
- City Girls Member JT Will Be Released From Prison This Year
- Vitamin of the Day: Anyone Fighting Cancer Keep Fighting
- Fire Me: 8 Pop Culture Figures Who Would Be Horrible Bosses
- Ella Mai Answers Questions About Jaquees Controversy (VIDEO)
- Here’s Who We Would Cast In An All Black Live-Action Remake Of ‘The Little Mermaid’
- Solange Is Ready To Drop A New Album
- Melania Trump’s Team Calls For Boycott Of T.I. After Rapper Releases Raunchy Video With Melania Look-Alike
- Chance The Rapper Isn’t Running For Mayor After All, But Here’s Who He’s Endorsing
- Amy Winehouse Biopic Is Reportedly In The Works!!!
Faces of Hope: Survivors of Abuse
1. Media mogul Oprah Winfrey was abused by a relative at age 9.1 of 8
2. Singer Mary J. Blige was abused at age 5.2 of 8
3. Poet Maya Angelou was abused by her mother's boyfriend. (AP)3 of 8
4. Tyler Perry was abused by four different adults during his childhood. (Retna)4 of 8
5. Actress Monique was abused by a family member. (AP)5 of 8
6. Queen Latifah was abused by a family member. (Retna)6 of 8
7. Sugar Ray Leonard was abused by a coach when he was an amateur boxer. (AP)7 of 8
8. Vanessa Williams was abused by the daughter of a family friend. (Retna)8 of 8
Tips For Women On Reducing Risk Of Assault Or Abduction [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW] was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com