Derez De’Shon performed live for the crowd during the morning show’s broadcast from Atlanta’s City Winery. Then, he chatted with everyone about the inspiration for the song and how he got through a period of doubt and feeling like quitting the rap game. He also shares some touching words for a friend who has passed on, and reveals the artist he really wants to work with.
Derez also talks about how he gives back to his community in Atlanta, and talks about the craziest thing anyone has ever asked him for since he’s made it big. He reveals his celebrity crush, He shares some advice that he has for anyone grinding to pursue their dreams. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive interview from “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Big Boi Inks Record Deal With L.A. Reid’s New Label!!
- A Kendrick Lamar Biography Is In The Works!!!
- Get Your $35 Women’s Empowerment Tickets Today!
- City Of Atlanta Under Cyber Attack; Ransom Requested!
- Chicken And Waffle Mix
- Black Tony Has A Run In With The Qs
- Here’s What Happens When You Take A Famous Quote And Make It More ‘Millennial’
- Friday Shmood: Try These Moves Without Breaking Your Neck, Back & Everything In Between
- This Kid’s Poem About Not Having A Dad Is Heartbreaking
- Will Smith Takes Us Through A History Of Theme Songs In A Lit Performance