Lil Uzi Vert’s latest tentative album cover was reportedly inspired by “Heaven’s Gate,” an old religious cult that had 39 people commit suicide in the 90’s and now it looks like the cult who inspired him is not happy with him.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
According to Complex, a representative for the remaining cult members stated that Uzi is infringing on their copyright and they are seeking appropriate legal action.
“He is using and adapting our copyrights and trademarks without our permission and the infringement will be taken up with our attorneys. This is not fair use or parody, it [is] a direct and clear infringement,” said the rep.
Uzi has yet to respond to the cult’s recent response and he has not taken down the photos he posted of Instagram of his tentative album cover.
Star Transformation: Nicki Minaj
1. BET Awards ’10 – Show1 of 9
2. BET Awards ’10 – Show2 of 9
3. 2010 American Music Awards – Red Carpet3 of 9
4. Rapper Nicki Minaj arrives for the 53rd4 of 9
5. Lil Wayne In Concert – Los Angeles, California5 of 9
6. Samsung Infuse 4G Launch Event Featuring Nicki Minaj – Arrivals6 of 9
7. 2011 Billboard Music Awards – Arrivals7 of 9
8. 2011 MTV Video Music Awards – Press Room8 of 9
9. Oscar De La Renta – Front Row – Spring 2012 Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week9 of 9
- Street Style Sunday: Durham
- Clubbing While Black: Bar’s Ban Of Do-Rags And Hoodies Sends Subtle Racist Message, Customer Says
- What We Know About New Search Warrants For Surveillance Video In The Botham Jean Death Investigation
- Bijou Star Exclusive: Traci Braxton Opens Up About Being Molested As A Child & Iyanla Vanzant Fixing Her Life
- Ben Carson Links Brett Kavanough’s Accuser To A Socialist Plot And ‘Wet Hornets’
Why Lil Uzi Vert Is Being Sued By Heaven’s Gate Cult Members [EXCLUSIVE] was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com