Dr. Jackie from “Married To Medicine,” stopped by “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” to talk about breast cancer. She has always been very open about her battle with breast cancer and how she survived it twice. This month is Breast Cancer Awareness month and Dr. Jackie wants to talk about ways that can help women and men find out if they have it.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
She mentioned that early detection and knowing your family history is very important. If you know that your great-grandmother or anyone in your family battled the disease it can help you when going to see your doctor. Dr. Jackie also wants people to know that doing your own breast examinations as well as going to get mammograms every year at a certain age can help as well. She mentioned that one of her youngest patients that passed from breast cancer was only 18-years-old.
Dr. Jackie also spoke about her amazing organization 50 Shades of Pink. During the month of October, she puts on a gala to help raise money to find a cure as well as some women to get treatment. Dr. Jackie believes in calling women that face breast cancer warriors and wants everyone to understand that early detection is the best protection.
Make sure you listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” 6am ET.
- Why Everyone’s Phone Will Alarm Wednesday Afternoon
- CRIME ALERT: UNC Police Looking For Man Who Assaulted Student in Dorm
- Edward Blum Uses Civil Rights Act To Block Grant Program For Black Women Owners
- Jodie Turner-Smith & Joshua Jackson Set To Divorce
- DURHAM: City Manager Proposing Plans For Bonuses For City Workers
- Apple’s iPhone 15 Has Overheating Issues Due To Apps
- DJ Vlad Responds To Keefe D Arrest, Says He Didn’t Cooperate
- The Visuals: Beyoncé Announces Electric ‘Renaissance’ Concert Film
- Jacky Oh’s Cause Of Death Has Been Revealed 4 Months After Her Passing
- Judge Ends “Blind Side” Conservatorship Between Former Panthers Tackle Michael Oher & Tuohy Family
Krayzie Bone ‘Fighting For His Life’ In LA Hospital, Per Report
Arrest Made In 1996 Unsolved Murder of Tupac Shakur
Blueface Posts Pic Of His Son’s Privates, X Fries Struggle Rapper After Hack Claim
The Streets Think Remy Ma Allegedly Cheated On Papoose With A Battle Rapper
Put That On Everything? Usher To Headline Super Bowl LVIII In Las Vegas
Teyana Taylor Gets Some Cake At Draya's Birthday Party
Actor Who Played Lotto In Eminem’s ‘8 Mile’ Passes Away
J. Cole Releases Colin Kaepernick’s Letter To NY Jets Requesting To Join Team, Social Media Has Thoughts