According to CNN, two law enforcement sources with knowledge of the investigation told them that Chicago Police now believe Jussie Smollett paid two men to orchestrate his assault.
Earlier today, two men in question, Olabinjo and Abimbola Osundairo, were released by authorities after being arrest and held without charge by the police for 48 hours, with the Chicago PD saying the following:
“Due to new evidence as a result of today’s interrogations, the individuals questioned by police in the Empire case have now been released without charging and detectives have additional investigative work to complete.”
Smollett was reportedly attacked on January 29th by two men who he said were “yelling out racial and homophobic slurs.” He also told authorities one attacker put a rope around his neck and poured an unknown chemical substance on him.
Smollett has yet to respond to this latest report. He last spoke publicly in an interview with Robin Roberts on “Good Morning America” that aired Thursday.
- Jada Pinkett Smith Opens Up About Porn Addiction And Daughter Willow Saw Porn At 10-Years-Old
- Trayvon Martin’s Mother Sybrina Fulton Is Running For Office
- Juelz Santana Shares Photos From Federal Prison
- #FoxyBrown Gets “BOOed” Off Stage During #KandiBurruss Dungeon Tour
- The Estate For #WhitneyHouston Is Planning A New Album And Hologram Tour!
- Movie News You Can’t Wait To Read
- Billionaire Robert F. Smith Pledges To Pay Off Student Loan Debt Of Morehouse’s Entire Graduating Class of 2019
- Big Names Speak Out On Anti-Abortion Laws
- Chilli & T-Boz Say They’ve Turned Down #RHOA Offers Multiple Times
- Raleigh Officer Shoots Armed Man