Spike LeeToday for Black History Month, we are highlighting the director Spike Lee.
Birth Date: March 20, 1957
Hometown: Brooklyn, New York
- Spike Lee directed popular films like She’s Gotta Have It, Malcolm X, Black Kkklansman, and Do the Right Thing
- Spike Lee attended Morehouse College (earning a Bachelor’s degree) and New York University (earning a Master’s degree)
- Spike Lee is a huge sports fan, favoring the New York Knicks and the New York Yankees
- Spike Lee is married to Tonya Lewis and has 2 kids
- Spike Lee has won 2 Emmy Awards and recently won an Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay
- Spike Lee has become known for telling the stories of African Americans on film and addressing tough issues like racism
We thank you for you contributions Spike Lee.
Black History Month 2019: Spike Lee was originally published on thebeatdfw.com
Check Out Da Brat’s Baby Shower
Tyler Perry, Diddy, 50 Cent, Shaquille O’Neal, trying to buy BET
Great White Shark Spotted at Myrtle Beach Just Before Memorial Day Weekend
Dani Leigh Locked Up For DUI!
53rd Annual Bimbe Cultural Arts Festival
DC Young Fly Speaks Out Via Instagram Regarding Jacky Oh’s Death ‘You Are The Greatest Mother I Know’
Puppies Ready For Adoption at Second Chance Shelter!
2023 Bimbé Festival Lineup