Along with the start of 2010 comes the start of several new laws for North Carolina. The new laws range from increased incentives for the film industry to tightened rules on public smoking.
New State Laws:
1. As of midnight Saturday morning, NC law bans people from smoking cigarettes inside eateries. Cigar bars and non-profit private clubs are exempt from the law.
• Businesses can be fined up to $200 a day for not enforcing the law
• Customers can be fined up to $50 for violating the ban
2. Lawmakers raised the tax credit for production companies from 15% to 25%
• Companies have to spend at least $250,000 to receive the tax break
3. Animal shelters are required to show all animals in their custody to people in search of a lost pet
4. A handicap parking permit’s expiration date must be visible from a minimum distance of 20 feet.
Check Out Da Brat’s Baby Shower
Great White Shark Spotted at Myrtle Beach Just Before Memorial Day Weekend
Tyler Perry, Diddy, 50 Cent, Shaquille O’Neal, trying to buy BET
Rapper Rick Ross For Mayor
Rick Ross Gets Permit To Host Car Show On His Property
Puppies Ready For Adoption at Second Chance Shelter!
Rocky Mount Attractions Open Memorial Day Weekend
Wayne County Landfill to Host Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day