A photographer by trade, Jasiatic Anderson is more than her trade. She’s a brand. She represents the free-spirited brand, the one that doesn’t live by societal expectations. Her brand and style are synonymous; they are layered, spontaneous … a mash-up of sorts. It’s inspired by all things African, particularly the colors and patterns. She is married to her art, which is reflected in her work and inspires her style. Let’s see what else influences the jasiatic: the brand.
1 . Who is your favorite designer?
My favorite designers include Dolce and Gabana and Melody Eshani. I have several friends that are designers and I love them equally – Jamila Crawford (EarthCandy) and Aquila (Venus Phli), just to name a couple.
2. What accessory do you have to wear every day?
Earrings and bangles too. Even when I’m naked the bangles stay on.
3. What’s your fashion pet peeve?
Hmmm, I think people should do what they want; however, I am annoyed when people follow trends excessively.
4. What fashion tips would you like to share with others?
Start with your favorite piece, and dress from there.
5. What’s your favorite color?
Turple (that’s turquoise and purple and not necessarily together)
6. If you had to describe your style in terms of music, what artists, genre of music etc would you say best describes your style?
Broken beat … just when you think you know … it changes.