With reports of people having issues as they go to cast their vote here are 7 things you need to know to vote in 2012!!
* 1. VERIFY your Registration Status & Your Poll Location BEFORE Election Day by calling your Board of Elections, 1-866-MYVOTE1 or visit ww.unityvoterempowermentcampaign.org.
* Be sure to TAKE PROPER ID TO VOTE. Check ID requirements for your state in advance at http://www.costoffreedom.info.
* 3. VOTE EARLY or Absentee Ballot if you know you will be out of town on Election Day.
* 4. DON’T BE AFRAID TO REQUEST HELP from poll workers they are there to help YOU.
* 5. YOU HAVE A RIGHT to file a complaint if your rights have been violated. For legal assistance call 1-866-OUR-VOTE.
* 6. STAND YOUR GROUND – if there is a problem at the polls you have a right to cast a provisional ballot if you are certain you are a registered voter.
* 7. VOLUNTEER to be a poll worker or monitor in your community at http://www.ncbcp.org.