Comedian Marlon Wayans share his views on The Game Of Thrones after the 8th season premiered Sunday, “I don’t see a lot of brothers on it. It ain’t no Juliuses, Lamars, and a Jamal. Imagine Jamal on a dragon,” said Wayans.
The Game Of Thrones had characters of color, but they were either former slaves or uncivilized barbarians.
Wayans says, “It’s either Walking Dead or Game of Thrones, and I chose Walking Dead because I don’t have all that fucking time to binge watch all this shit.”
This isn’t the first time the show’s lack of color on the cast was brought up. In 2017 Star Wars actor John Boyega told GQ, “There are no black people on Game of Thrones. You don’t see one black person in Lord of the Rings. I ain’t paying money to always see one type of person on-screen. Because you see different people from different backgrounds, different cultures, every day. Even if you’re a racist, you have to live with that. We can ruffle up some feathers.”
strong>Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Text “K975” To 52140 for your chance at ticket giveaways and news before anyone else!…Standard Messaging Rates Apply
- 70% of COVID-19 Deaths Are Black In Chicago, A Pro Sports Update, And Jeezy Is Engaged [VIDEO]
- Angie’s Motivation: The Process Is The Point [VIDEO]
- Russell Simmons On The Impact Of The Coronavirus & What We Need To Do In Helping Essential Workers [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Latest NC COVID-19 Update
- Here’s Why Wendy Williams Shaded Her Homegirl NeNe Leakes After A FaceTime Call
- Slim Thug Gives Health Update After Contracting Covid-19
- AMC Theaters In Danger Of Never Re-Opening After Coronavirus
- ThrowbacK Lit Mix From @Jbreezy975
- Master P Supports Elderly New Orleans Residents During Pandemic
- Trending Topics During Quarantine, Will Adele’s Ex Get Half Of Her Doe?