Comedian Marlon Wayans share his views on The Game Of Thrones after the 8th season premiered Sunday, “I don’t see a lot of brothers on it. It ain’t no Juliuses, Lamars, and a Jamal. Imagine Jamal on a dragon,” said Wayans.
The Game Of Thrones had characters of color, but they were either former slaves or uncivilized barbarians.
Wayans says, “It’s either Walking Dead or Game of Thrones, and I chose Walking Dead because I don’t have all that fucking time to binge watch all this shit.”
This isn’t the first time the show’s lack of color on the cast was brought up. In 2017 Star Wars actor John Boyega told GQ, “There are no black people on Game of Thrones. You don’t see one black person in Lord of the Rings. I ain’t paying money to always see one type of person on-screen. Because you see different people from different backgrounds, different cultures, every day. Even if you’re a racist, you have to live with that. We can ruffle up some feathers.”
strong>Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Text “K975” To 52140 for your chance at ticket giveaways and news before anyone else!…Standard Messaging Rates Apply
- Young Thug’s Gun Case Dropped By Prosecutors
- Meek Mill and Future Are Coming To Raleigh
- Former Panthers RB And XFL Legend Rod Smart Missing
- Michelle Obama vs James Corden in Dodgeball
- Four Shot, Three Arrested After Shooting During Toronto Raptors Parade
- Fantasia Teases New Brandy And Jazmine Sullivan Collaboration
- No Dread-locks Or Weave At The Pool
- A New Jersey Man Becomes The Ninth American To Die At A Dominican Republic Resort
- 11Yr Old Stops Intruder With Machete
- Nas Announces He Is Releasing A Children’s Book ‘I Know I Can’