By Taylor Wilkinson
Is Cardi B going to jail? During her 2019 BET performance on Sunday, June 23rd, the rapper mentioned, “I ain’t going to jail” multiple times throughout her show.
Cardi B was involved in an altercation at the Angels strip club in Queens, New York and has been battling the court for months. After going back and forth to plead her innocence, the rapper was recently indicted for misdemeanor charges only days before her BET performance. The rapper and members of her inner circle were allegedly throwing chairs, bottles and different strip club equipment at different employees of the establishment. What makes the tea more exciting is the fact that she was indicted in her home town of New York City.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Regardless of her indictment, Cardi B still managed to enjoy herself at the BET awards and even walked away with two awards; BET award for Best Female Hip-Hop artist and BET award for Best Album of the Year for Invasion of Privacy.
- MANE REVEAL: Cardi B Shows Off Natural Hair On The ‘Gram
- See The Full Nominations For The 2020 Grammy Awards
- Rapsody Speaks Out After Grammy Snub
- Father Of Foul: All The Times Future Was Petty AF
- Behind The Scenes: Idris Elba Joins Upcoming Revenge Flick Produced By Jay-Z
- Find Out What Meghan Markle, Cardi B., Lizzo, And Zendaya All Have In Common When It Comes To Fashion
- Chanel Iman & Sterling Shepard’s Family H&M Ads Are A Holiday Mood!
- You’re Not Alone, Ari: Biggest Award Snubs In Black Music History
- Lil Reese Posts Post-Surgery Image After Being Shot In The Neck
- Blue Ivy Carter Wins Songwriter Award At Soul Train Music Awards