LIKE HelloBeautiful On Facebook!
1. The Best Of #TeamBeautiful In 2013
From the birth of North West to Shawty Lo’s cancelled ratchet reality show to exclusive access to “The Best Man Holiday,” Essence Music Festival and more, #TeamBeautiful has had quite the busy year! Check out a look back at some of our biggest moments of 2013. We’ll catch you in the new year with even MORE amazing content! Enjoy the walk down memory lane!
And remember–WE MAKE IT LOOK GOOD!
2. Welcome To The New & Fabulously Improved HelloBeautiful.com!
We’ve taken the things you love the most about HelloBeautiful and given them new environments to maximize your experience. In each of these three key areas we’re serving up an exhilarating content experience!
3. Chrisette Michele On ‘Better’: ‘I’m That Black Girl Who’s Angry’ [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
Chrisette Michele discussed her album, “Better” with #TeamBeautiful and revealed that she’s so in love that it’s embarrassing. She wanted the world to know that she didn’t have to be the angry Black girl to make great music.
Check out the video: http://bit.ly/1c9BF2X
4. #TeamBeautiful On TV: Beyonce Wants To Be Worshiped; The Rape/Rap Culture & More
#TeamBeautiful’s Lifestyle Editor, Danielle Young was asked to be a talking head on Sistah Talk TV in NYC and she chatted about everything from Beyonce’s need to be worshiped on “Bow Down,” to gay marriage to Rick Ross’ controversial rape lyrics.
5. Drake’s Middle Class Problem: Why The Rapper Is Stuck On The Struggle Story
Drake, you did not start from the bottom. Our Entertainment Editor, Shamika Sanders (an admitted fan) just wants you to know that.
6. Kanye West, Sway & That Damn TV: ‘He Was Embarrassed By How Small It Was’ [EXCLUSIVE]
Kanye West snapped at Sway over a TV. Remember that? Our Lifestyle Editor, Danielle Young got the chance to ask Sway about that TV that Kanye gave him and his response was this amazing story. Spoiler alert: Kanye West did not give Sway his first TV.
7. My Brother Wears A Hoodie Every Day, So I Am Afraid
Trayvon Martin was a threat because he was in a hoodie. Our Editorial Director, Leigh Davenport’s brother wears a hoodie everyday and because of that, she’s afraid for his life.
8. Peter Gunz Regrets Marrying Amina & Admits He Needs Help [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
Peter was surprisingly pleasant. Shamika Sanders was expecting his personality and demeanor to reflect a lying, cheating a**hole, but it didn’t. However, that didn’t change her mind-–he did what he did and we were going to grill him for it!
9. Tamar Braxton Gives A Heartfelt Thank You To Her Fans, ‘You Guys Took Me Serious’ [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
We have fallen in love with the over-the-top talent from watching her on shows like “Braxton Family Values” and “Tamar & Vince” and “The Real,” now we get the chance to see what’s truly in her heart with “Love & War.” Check out Tamar’s passionate thank you to her fans for supporting her artistry.
10. 8 Fabulous Things Marlo Hampton Learned From Being Nene Leakes’ Bridesmaid
NeNe’s second-time-around marriage to her long-time love Gregg Leakes has given us the opportunity to see the fabulous, but feisty Marlo Hampton on our screens yet again. She gave us some amazing tips for being a bridesmaid to someone like NeNe.
11. A Single Black Girl’s Ultimate Essence Music Festival 2013 Report Card
From picking up new friends to ending up at breakfast at 5 a.m. with a group of strangers coincidentally staying at my hotel, check out my four day diary full of the Essence Festival Press Junket experience! Check out our Editorial Director, Leigh Davenport’s personal diary from EMF!
12. We’ve Already Bowed Down Beyonce, So Why So Angry?
I’m not a signed-up Stan. And if you let those Stans tell it, it’s people like me who finds themselves on the receiving end of Bey’s warning to “Bow Down.” That’s fine. Our Lifestyle Editor, Danielle Young, heard the warning, but she prefers to stand.
13. New Mom Kym Whitley Stars In ‘Sh*t Single Black Mothers Say’
Remember the popular YouTube videos _____ Say? We had Kym Whitley (new mom) come in and just had to have her use her life and her humor to let us in on “Sh*t Single Black Mothers Say.”
14. Love On Top: A Timeline Of Beyonce & Michelle Obama’s Love Affair
Way before Beyonce and Michelle shared that intimate gaze at the Inauguration, their courtship blossomed and manifested itself in various ways. I decided to take a walk down memory lane and chronicle these two “Crazy In Love” beauties.
15. PLEASE STOP: Miley Smokes A Blunt On Stage, Wears Revealing Tupac/Biggie Dress & I’m Not Here For Her Antics [OPINION]
It’s like a train wreck and we can’t turn away. While we’re no longer shocked by Miley’s most attention-hungry acts, we are always annoyed. Case in point–her entire existence at MTV’s EMAs. Girl…PLEASE STOP!
16. Dance Theater Of Harlem Makes Triumphant Return To The Stage With New Company! [VIDEO]
Under the direction of founding member and former principal dancer, Virgina Johnson, DTH is poised to take the stage with the first official touring company since the relaunch of the Dance Theater Of Harlem Ensemble in 2008.
17. Scandal-ous Secrets: 5 Tips To Be Fit Like Olivia Pope
Both Kerry and Olivia Pope are total FitGirl’s yall! Our Fitness Blogger, Robbie Ann Darby peeped their game these past two seasons and is proud to share these Scandalicious secret FitGirl tips. So, just in case you missed Liv’s other talents in between those steamy scenes with President Fitzgerald, we’ve got you covered.
18. TRUE STORY: Jay Z’s Barneys Collection Made Me Uncomfortable
Rapper and business mogul Jay Z received a firestorm of backlash when he decided to move forward with the release of his limited-edition holiday line, in collaboration with Barneys. Our Entertainment Editor, Shamika Sanders went to check it out firsthand.
19. Luke James Has A Special Message For Beyonce: ‘I.O.U.’ [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
Before Luke could get caught up in the rapture of all that it is to be on Beyonce’s radar, we snagged him for an intimate performance of his tune, “I.O.U.” James stripped the song down to the basics and with just a simple set of keys, his dynamic and unbelievably sensual voice, he delivered a rendition of the song that is sure to melt your heart and your panties. Promise.
20. Did Rachel Jeantel Need A New Look? [OPINION]
Ebony magazine and theGrio gave Rachel Jeantel a makeover. This made our Lifestyle Editor, Danielle Young’s eyes roll.
21. #TeamBeautiful Sounds Off: Why Are Women Always ‘Sorry?’
Women say, “I’m sorry,” a lot. So #TeamBeautiful decided to give their opinion on women constantly apologizing.
22. Is Jada Pinkett Smith Hollywood’s Most Radical (And Awesome) Parent?
In what #TeamBeautiful has deemed the Best.Jada.Interview.Ever., we speak with the stylish and brutally honest A-lister about about parenting, dating, marriage, Black hollywood, and why America loves to hate on little girls.
23. #TeamBeautiful On The Radio: Why Shawty Lo Doesn’t Deserve A Show [AUDIO]
Our Lifestyle Editor, Danielle Young was asked to take part in a discussion on the cancellation of Shawty Lo’s “All My Babies Mamas” via web radio show, Frank Relationships. On the show, she defended Sabrina Lamb–the woman responsible for shutting down Shawty Lo’s potential train wreck of a reality show.
24. Kelly Brett’s Colorful Geometric Jewelry Pieces Will Make You A Stand-Out! 30 Under 30: Kelly Brett’s Colorful Geometric Jewelry Pieces Will Make You A Stand-Out!
This Spelman graduate caught our attention with her latest accessory line which features intricate hand painted pieces of wood mixed with elegant touches of metal. Her passion to create unique hand painted pieces using a variety of techniques such as paint splatter, color blocking and graffiti prints stems from her core belief of daring to be different.
25. On The Set Of ‘The Best Man Holiday’: Your Backstage Pass To The Film You’re Dying To See
#TeamBeautiful had exclusive access to the set of the beloved romantic classic. We gabbed, we laughed, we mingled with the cast and got juicy details about the filming of the sequel.
26. Dope ’90s Fashion Bombs That You Should Rock Today [PHOTOS]
The ’90s are officially back, but now she’s chic and less tacky! With the help of Nigerian-American Soul Singer/Songwriter Mary Akpa, we’ve got eight trends that we’re so happy to see get a second chance at style.
27. Tristan ‘Mack’ Wilds Teaches #TeamBeautiful How To Twerk & Get A Date [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
We’re in love with Mack Wilds here at the #TeamBeautiful offices! So when he comes over, we always find something fun to do with him. Mack took over our Instagram and created videos, teaching us how to twerk and how to ask a girl out.
28. Ne-Yo’s New R&B Darling RaVaughn Rocks Classic Pieces A Dozen Ways
ReVaughn’s stylist and Fashion Director of HelloBeautiful, Rebecca Alexis created over a dozen looks for the newly slim singer around three signature pieces, every girl should have for this fall season: white blouse, leather skirt and a good colorful coat. Check out how to make a few key staple items work for you in our gallery below. But first, here’s a few quick facts about RaVaughn.
29. Beyonce’s Sexy ‘Feminism’ Faces A Racial Double Standard
Despite color, all women should be able to be dynamic representations of feminist power. You’ll never hear me (Lifestyle Editor, Danielle Young) say this again, but more power to Beyonce for embracing her sexuality and redefining what is to be a feminist. This is truly something to crown Beyonce a Queen for.
30. 5 Ways To Wear Your Bold Floral Shorts
Check out what makes Christina the style star she is and how she’s styling her fave pairs of floral shorts.
31. All The Queen’s Men: A Peek Into Khadijah James’ Little Black Book [PHOTOS]
We can’t believe it’s been two decades since we first met and fell in love with Khadijah, Synclaire, Regine, Max, Overton and Kyle — better known as the cast of the hit 90′s show “Living Single!” This year marks the 20th anniversary of the beloved sitcom and the show’s biggest success, Queen Latifah revealed there may be a reunion soon! Let’s take a look back at Khadijah’s boos from the past!
32. CHAT ‘N CHEW: What Does The Travel Channel’s Newest Star, Daym Patterson Think Of Tres Carnes’ NYC BBQ?! [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
Our Lifestyle Editor, Danielle Young, just had to meet Daym Patterson–the man who went from reviewing fast food on YouTube to Travel Channel staple.
33. ‘Fruitvale Station’ Reveals The Strained Relationship Between Police & Men Of Color [OPINION]
“Fruitvale Station” was one of the most emotional and best movies of the year. Michael B. Jordan was brilliant and our Lifestyle Editor, Danielle Young couldn’t help but pour share her feelings from this intense movie.
34. From Intern To VP: Emmanuelle Cuny-Diop Creates Today¹s Hottest Music Videos
Emmanuelle Cuny-Diop started from the bottom and worked her way to the top of the corporate ladder. As an intern at Roc-a-fella records, Cuny-Diop rose through the ranks assisting the entire office and now she is the Vice President of Video Production at Atlantic Records, commissioning music videos for some of today’s hottest artists. This is what we call “Women In The Workplace.”
35. The Beautiful People: Naturalistas Take Over NYC To Luv & Learn Their Hair
What happens when 200 hundred of New York’s must gorgeous naturalistas gather in an 80′s inspired culture club to talk hair, family, and life–MAGIC! #TeamBeautiful was present just to hair stalk. From colored mohawks, colossal curly tresses to towering dreads–our favorite brown girls left us with loads of DIY hairspiration!
36. Luke James On Being A Sex Symbol & Beyonce’s Favorite New Singer [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
Luke James has firmly planted his designer shoes in the heart of the music industry. The New Orleans-born soul singer feels he’s “skipped the line,” when it comes to his singing career. #TeamBeautiful is admittedly one of Luke’s biggest fans, as we’ve watched him grow into quite the crooner.
37. Monica On Balancing Work, Parenthood & Social Media [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
Singer, songwriter, and producer Monica Brown is a mother of three adorable children. She managed to sneak away from her newborn for a few hours to chat with me about life lessons, having a great parent-teacher relationship, how social media has helped her stay connected with her fans, and her next big project
38. #BlackBuzzfeed: 17 GIFs Of Clair Huxtable Being Tired Of Your Sh*t
Even though her angelic looks made her endearing, Clair Huxtable’s no-nonsense attitude was enough to shape the tone of motherhood for Black moms through the 80s and 90s. In order to properly honor Clair’s stunning sass, we’ve compiled a list of her best GIFS that basically prove she’s not here for your sh*t.
39. PINK SLIP: Top 5 Signs You’re The Worst Boss Ever
As a boss, you have to be assertive. Your employees must know that you mean business, but sometimes that firmness can come off as rude. Just in case you want to create a healthy impression for your employees, you need to be aware of the signs that prove you’re a bad boss.
40. T.G.I.F.: 5 Ways To Make Everyday Feel Like Friday
#TeamBeautiful has five tips for you to make your everyday feel just like your favorite day–Friday!
41. Queen Latifah, Michelle Williams & More Reflect On What Being A Queen Really Means [VIDEO]
We had the opportunity to chat with Michelle Williams, Golden Brooks, and the Queen herself and asked them all, “What does being a Queen mean to you?” Watch the video above for our exclusive interviews with your favorite brown bombshells!
42. #BlackBuzzfeed: 33 Of The Most Epic Paternity Test Reaction GIFS Of All Time!
There’s nothing more epic that the reactions to Maury’s infamous declarations of “YOU ARE NOT THE FATHER” and “YOU ARE THE FATHER.” Check out the more EPIC GIFS from Maury!
43. We Don’t Believe You, You Need More People: Celebs Whose Gimmicks We’re Not Buying
Check out this list of celebrities who are soon-to-be-graduates from the Britney Spears School Of Strange.
44. 10 Things To Do Every Work Day To Boost Your Career
Yeah, we know, the recent three-day weekend has been nothing short of amazing and you’re dreading heading back to work. You’re not alone! Your first day back to work doesn’t have to be a drag. Try using this time to increase your productivity at work. Check out these 10 tips to energize your work day.
45. Alicia Keys Stuns At Exclusive HelloBeautiful InterludesLIVE Concert In Harlem [PHOTOS]
#TeamBeautiful hosted an InterludesLIVE performance with Alicia Keys at Harlem’s Red Rooster. The result of that intimate event was a night of serenading by the sweet Harlem-bred songbird.
46. Celebrities & The ‘N-Word’: Tim Allen Justifies Its Use & Oprah Says Stop Saying It If You Want To Be Her Friend [OPINION]
It’s ONE word that we simply request you just not say around us. Is it really that difficult to comply to this simple request? Is the word so damn tasty that you need to feel it in your mouth?
47. The Woman Who Stopped Shawty Lo: ‘The Slave Auction Continues’
Sabrina Lamb is the woman who singlehandledly shut down Shawty Lo’s attempt at getting a show about “All His Baby Mommas.” We tracked her down and found out exactly why.
48. HelloBeautiful’s 3rd Annual ’30 Under 30′ List: 2013 Style Mavens Edition
#TeamBeautiful is delighted to announce the list of fabulous style and beauty darlings for our annual 30 Under 30 list. This year, we’re highlighting the careers of the industry’s top fashion trendsetters and beauty mavens who are making history as they strive fearlessly to achieve their goals.
49. SHE’S THE LAW: TLC’s ‘Bad Business’ With Pebbles Explained
#TeamBeautiful’s resident legal counsel, Rashida Maples broke down Pebbles and TLC’s infamous bad business deal. After the TLC biopic, many of us were confused about what happened and how TLC ended up broke.