The Morning Hustle Jacquees BacCation Graphics/Cash Money Logo
K97.5 Featured Video

Hours for the New Hanover County center are Friday through Tuesday from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., except Sunday, when it is closed. It will permanently close Tuesday, Sept. 27, at 7 p.m.

The center is located at:

New Hanover County Government Center

230 Government Center Drive

Suite 127-38

Wilmington, N.C. 28403

Representatives from North Carolina Emergency Management, the Federal Emergency Management Agency and other agencies will be at the center to explain assistance programs and help survivors apply for disaster aid.

There are three ways to register with FEMA for help or information regarding disaster assistance:

Call 800-621-FEMA (3362). Help is available in most languages. People who have a speech disability or are deaf or hard of hearing may call (TTY) 800-462-7585; users of 711 or Video Relay Service can call 800-621-3362.

Register online at

Register using a tablet or smartphone by visiting

Disaster recovery centers are also open in Barco, Chocowinity, Columbia, Grantsboro, Greenville, Halifax, Hobucken, Jackson, Jacksonville, Kinston, Manteo, Morehead City, Nashville (closes

7 p.m. Sept. 23), New Bern, Plymouth, Snow Hill, Swan Quarter and Winton counties. A complete list of disaster recovery centers is available through the Hurricane Irene tab at or the FEMA locator at

FEMA’s mission is to support our citizens and first responders to ensure that as a nation we work together to build, sustain, and improve our capability to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from, and mitigate all hazards.

Disaster recovery assistance is available without regard to race, color, religion, nationality, sex, age, disability, English proficiency or economic status. If you or someone you know has been discriminated against, call FEMA toll-free at 800-621-FEMA (3362). For TTY call 800-462-7585.

FEMA’s temporary housing assistance and grants for public transportation expenses, medical and dental expenses, and funeral and burial expenses do not require individuals to apply for an SBA loan. However, applicants who receive SBA loan applications must submit them to SBA loan officers to be eligible for assistance that covers personal property, vehicle repair or replacement, and moving and storage expenses.