Classic, sleek hair styles ruled the red carpet at last night’s Grammy Awards. Here are some of the night’s best looks and how you can create them at home:
The Beyonce Sleek Ponytail
Sleek ponytails and strong parts like Beyonce’s strands at the 2013 Grammys are all the rage right now. To get her look:
- Begin with an emulsion of a smoothing balm and dry oil treatment on damp hair. We like Thermafuse HeatSmart Serum Dry Oil Treatment and Thermafuse Straight Smoothing Balm.
- Distribute product cocktail evenly throughout and blowdry straight with a paddle brush and finish with a flat iron if needed.
- Create a center part, and slick hair back into a low ponytail using a texture balm to smooth flyaways. We like Thermafuse TAC Texture Taffy.
- Secure with a band then pull a section of the ponytail from the bottom and wrap around the ponytail base to conceal the band and secure with a bobbypin.
Sexy Waves a la Erica Campbell (Mary Mary)
Erica Campbell of Mary Mary rocked the red carpet at the 2013 Grammys with these sexy, effortless waves. To recreate this look:
- Apply an emulsion of two parts curl redefiner or wave enhancer and one part dry oil treatment to damp hair, distributing evenly throughout. We recommend Thermafuse Redefiner Curl/Wave Enhancer and Thermafuse Heat Smart Serum Dry Oil Treatment.
- Scrunch with a towel and allow to air dry.
- Once dry, mist hair with a liquid shine and hot iron protector. We recommend Thermafuse Hot Armor.
- Using a 1″ curling iron, curl random strands and blend into natural curl to create a tousled finish.