Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you should be well aware that the biggest concert of 2014 is going to be Jay Z and Beyonce‘s ‘On the Run‘ tour. The two music giants, married for 6 years, have never toured together, but individually sold out shows drawing in hundreds of millions.
When it was announced that the pair was going on their first ever joint stadium tour, excitement reached a feverish pitch, but the question on everyone’s mind was, “how much will the tickets be?” And, well, after the pre-sale earlier this week, many fans are feeling that the tickets are a bit too pricey…
I would have to disagree after personally looking on Ticketmaster and reviewing the prices of the majority of the stadiums. What I found is that the cheapest tickets hover in the $40-$60 price range, while the most expensive cost at most $300. Obviously VIP packages will cost more… but if you’re not “very important,” yet very broke, prioritize and sit in the nosebleeds for $40.
Madonna charges more than this and it’s just her and arthritis performing on stage. Don’t believe the hype. For artists of Bey and Jay’s caliber, they should actually be charging more.. Be grateful… and take our poll..
On the Run Tour dates:
- June 25: Miami, FL @ Sun Life Stadium
- June 28: Cincinnati, OH @ Great American Ballpark
- July 1: Foxborough, MA @ GilletteStadium
- July 5: Philadelphia, PA @ Citizen’s Bank Park
- July 7: Baltimore, MD @ M & T Bank Stadium
- July 9: Toronto, ON @ Rogers Centre
- July 11: East Rutherford, NJ @ MetLifeStadium
- July 15: Atlanta, GA @ Georgia Dome
- July 18: Houston, TX @ Minute Maid Park
- July 20: New Orleans, LA @ Mercedes-Benz Superdome
- July 22: Dallas, TX @ AT&T Stadium
- July 24: Chicago, IL @ Soldier Field
- July 27: Winnipeg, MB @ Investor Group Field
- July 30: Seattle, WA @ Safeco Field
- August 2: Los Angeles, CA @ Rose Bowl
- August 5 San Francisco, CA@ AT&T Park