Jaz Sinclair caused a buzz following her role in the 2015 hit film, Paper Towns. The 22-year-old has snagged smaller roles on television shows, but her starring role in the thriller When the Bough Breaks will have Jaz’s name on everyone’s tongue.
Check out 7 things to know about Jaz Sinclair:
1. Her real name is Jasmine Sabino.
2. Jaz describes herself as a “wanderlusty, old-soul.” She admitted, “I’m a sensitive creature. And sometimes being around a ton of people, buildings, and lights and technology is overwhelming for me, so I need to recharge and do what feels natural.”
3.Jaz is a lover of nature. She revealed to us, “When I was a kid, we would always go camping. My grandpa, no matter how much or little money we had, always made time and space for us to go camping. So my happiest memories were outside and on hikes.”
4. Jaz moved to New York City at 18 and straight out of high school with just a dream. “My life before Paper Towns was pretty much being super broke, working, paying my bills paycheck to paycheck. Trying to figure myself out, trying to figure out to be an adult. But during that time, I realized how important nature was to me. I started yoga practice, and for the last couple of years, that’s been my grounding.”
5. When The Bough Breaks will be Jaz’s first major leading role. On working with Morris Chestnut and Regina Hall, she says, “Regina and Morris are great. They were super fun to be around and Regina’s hilarious. It’s really cool because she’s mostly known for her comedy work, and this is a dramatic role, and she totally killed it. They just totally welcomed me in and made me feel safe.”
6. She’s an avid book reader and loves to spend her spare time in bookstores.
7. On the importance of Black films and films with a mostly Black cast at this time in our country, Jaz stated, “It’s so important. I think above all, integration is important. I think it’s time to stop looking at people as White people or Black people and start looking at people like people. This film is the perfect film for this time, because it’s not like a classically Black movie. It wasn’t written for Black people or talk about being Black. It’s just a film about a couple who wants to have a baby. I think that’s progress.”
PHOTO CREDIT: Getty, Instagram
Here’s Everything You Need to Know About Jaz Sinclair was originally published on globalgrind.com