Solange Knowles’ album A Seat At The Table has been highly acclaimed. And the cover art from the album has been highly copied. Scores of people channeled both Solange and her big sister for Halloween. Even Solange’s mother took a stab at recreating her daughter’s artwork.
But now a London newspaper, The Evening Standard, has posted a photo of a White woman with a hairstyle that appears to copy Solange’s and the internet is screaming cultural appropriation. The newspaper says the photo came from a high fashion store called Oasis.
Oddly, Solange speaks on cultural appropriation on her album and stresses the importance of Black people owning their art. And, well, then this happened.
A-List Stars Who Failed At Marriage
1. Usher and Tameka RaymondSource: 1 of 14
2. Whitney Houston and Bobby BrownSource: 2 of 14
3. Columbus Short and Tanee McCall-ShortSource: 3 of 14
4. Ochocinco and Evelyn LozadaSource: 4 of 14
5. Tiger Woods and Elin WoodsSource: 5 of 14
6. Nicole Murphy and Eddie MurphySource: 6 of 14
7. Pilar Sanders and Deion SandersSource: 7 of 14
8. Tony Parker and Eva LongoriaSource: 8 of 14
9. Kris Humphries and Kim KardashianSource: 9 of 14
10. Seal and Heidi KlumSource: 10 of 14
11. Taye Diggs and Idina MenzelSource: 11 of 14
12. Marc Anthony and Jennifer LopezSource: 12 of 14
13. Lamar Odom and Khloe KardashianSource: 13 of 14
14. Robin Thicke and Paula PattonSource: 14 of 14
Follow Karen Clark on Social Media
London Store Copies Solange’s Album Cover And The Internet Is Pissed was originally published on foxync.com