The news outlet reported that Acting Education Secretary Phil Rosenfelt and Jason Botel, the White House adviser for education, sent the email to department staff to announce new hires from the Trump administration.
Teresa UnRue is listed among 14 other people. She worked during the campaign in South Carolina as a graphic designer and field organizer.
The Associated Press reported that UnRue, a week before the Republican National Convention, posted a video on her Facebook page that showed a Black man eating fried chicken, while shaming other African-Americans who are angry about slavery.
UnRue commented: “Had me crack’n up!! Thank you! Please share this with people.”
A search of her Facebook page by the Huffington Post uncovered material that referred to former President Barack Obama as a “terrorist” or called for his arrest for “murder and treason.”
UnRue also called for “Islam control, not gun control” in the aftermath of the mass shooting at an Orlando nightclub, the New York Daily News reported.
The Huffington Post did not get a response from the White House or UnRue to its request for comment.
In Honor Of President's Day, Here Are Photos That Will Make You Miss Barack Obama
1. Barack Gives Daughter Malia a KissSource:Getty 1 of 14
2. Michelle and Barack tell the kids a storySource:Getty 2 of 14
3. Michelle and Barack KissSource:Getty 3 of 14
4. Michelle and BarackSource:Getty 4 of 14
5. Two TermsSource:Getty 5 of 14
6. Michelle and Barack Host a State DinnerSource:Getty 6 of 14
7. Barack Obama and Michelle ObamaSource:Getty 7 of 14
8. Flashback To The Old DaysSource:Pete Souza 8 of 14
9. Candidly AwesomeSource:Pete Souza 9 of 14
10. TV TimeSource:Pete Souza 10 of 14
11. Reading TimeSource:Pete Souza 11 of 14
12. Supporting MomSource:Pete Souza 12 of 14
13. 50th Anniversary Of March On SelmaSource:Pete Souza 13 of 14
14.14 of 14
Racist Trump Campaign Staffer To Join Education Department was originally published on newsone.com