During New York Fashion Week, pins from Planned Parenthood will be featured everywhere in an effort to promote awareness and education on issues such as STI testing, birth control and sex education. After having a strong presence in the Women’s March in Washington DC after the inauguration, the CFDA decided to partner up with Planned Parenthood during a time when many designers will be under one roof.
The pins come in a bright pink color and were designed by the Conde Nast Creative Group. They plan on having the pins worn by front-row guests during the shows as well as designers and models who will be hitting the runway.
Spearheaded by CFDA board member Tracy Reese, the pins are a reflection of the impact fashion had during the Women’s March and they intend to keep that presence going with the upcoming New York Fashion Week. In a statement, Tracy says, “Planned Parenthood is often the only option for this type of care in underserved communities. By creating a visually engaging and fashionable pin, we hope to create an organic social media movement promoting awareness and education.”
To find out more about Planned Parenthood, visit them here.
To see if your favorite designer will be at New York Fashion week, go here.
#NYFWNoir: The Best In Black Street Style & Moments From NYFW
1. ART DECOSource:Hello Beautiful 1 of 25
2. POP OF PINKSource:Hello Beautiful 2 of 25
3. NEW YORK CITYSource:Hello Beautiful 3 of 25
4. BLACK AND WHITESource:Hello Beautiful 4 of 25
5. BYRON LARSSource: 5 of 25
6. BASIC BLACK CLUTCHSource:Hello Beautiful 6 of 25
7. POWERSource:Hello Beautiful 7 of 25
8. ROMPERSource:Hello Beautiful 8 of 25
9. MIXED PRINTSSource:Hello Beautiful 9 of 25
10. STRIPES AND SMILESSource:Hello Beautiful 10 of 25
11. ESSENCE STREET STYLE BLOCK PARTYSource: 11 of 25
12. JUMP AROUNDSource:Hello Beautiful 12 of 25
13. AFRICA MIRANDASource: 13 of 25
14. DENIMSource:Hello Beautiful 14 of 25
15. COCO CHANEL CLASSICSource:Hello Beautiful 15 of 25
16. FALL LIPSTICKSSource:Hello Beautiful 16 of 25
17. SHAMIKA SANDERSSource: 17 of 25
18. AFROSource:Hello Beautiful 18 of 25
19. GO BIGSource:Hello Beautiful 19 of 25
20. KRISTI CASTLINSource: 20 of 25
21. GABRIEL WILLIAMS OF STUFF FLY PEOPLE LIKESource: 21 of 25
22. FASHION BOMB DAILY 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY PARTYSource: 22 of 25
23. LAQUAN SMITH SS17Source: 23 of 25
24. SIR JOHN GALLERYSource: 24 of 25
25. HUMBLE LIKE KANYESource: 25 of 25
Tracy Reese Leads CFDA Partnership With Planned Parenthood For NYFW was originally published on hellobeautiful.com