A newly released bodycam video taken by Florida cops during an accident involving Venus Williams showed a Palm Beach Gardens officer saying he was unsure if the tennis pro caused the crash that killed one person on June 9, TMZ reports.
From TMZ :
One officer approached Venus and asked her to describe what happened. She was totally upfront with the officer … explaining how she had entered the intersection, but stopped when another vehicle made a left in front of her.
The cop told Venus he believed she had violated the right of way of Jerome and Linda Barson — the couple who T-boned her — but she would not be getting a ticket. The explanation? “I think you got stuck in the middle of the intersection. It’s one of those situations where you had the right way, but you lost the right of way.”
The officer told Williams to let the insurance companies sort everything out after the crash in which Jerome Barson, 78, died from injuries two weeks later, The Huffington Post reports. Linda Barson, Barson’s wife, filed a wrongful death suit against Williams, who Palm Beach Gardens Police Department said was “at fault” for failing to yield the right of way to the couple in June. A later report said Williams legally entered the intersection and the crash was still under investigation.
SOURCE: TMZ, The Huffington Post
Venus Williams Is Still Winning After Grand Slam Title Loss
Venus Williams Blamed In Fatal Car Accident
Serena & Venus Williams’ Best Tennis Outfits Through The Years
24 photos Launch gallery
1. Remember when…Serena and Venus came onto the scene in the late 1990s wearing beads and braids?
1 of 24
2. Serena sports one of her classic Puma tennis dresses at the 1999 US Open.
2 of 24
3. Venus rocks a cutout tennis dress at the 1999 Grand Slam Cup.
3 of 24
4. A young Serena Williams wears a two-tone tennis dress at the 2000 Australian Open.
4 of 24
5. Venus rocks one of her signature cutout tennis outfits at Wimbledon in 2000.
5 of 24
6. Serena goes pastel purple at the eStyle.Com Classic in 2000.
6 of 24
7. Venus and Serena looked super stylish at the 2000 Sydney Olympics.
7 of 24
8. Serena is pretty in pink at the 2001 French Open.
8 of 24
9. Serena celebrates her 2002 Wimbledon win in a traditional (but not-so-traditional) white tennis outfit.
9 of 24
10. Serena is just a peach at the 2002 Home Depot Championships.
10 of 24
11. Serena’s orange and white 2003 Wimbledon Puma outfit.
11 of 24
12. Serena rocks a metallic empire waist at the Women’s Telecom Italia Tennis Masters in 2004.
12 of 24
13. Serena wins in her gorgeous 2004 Wimbledon outfit.
13 of 24
14. Serena rocks a denim tennis outfit at the 2004 US Open Arthur Ashe Kids’ Day.
14 of 24
15. Serena celebrates in this cute Nike ensemble at the 2005 Australian Open.
15 of 24
16. Serena experiments with a little color blocking at the 2009 French Open.
16 of 24
17. Venus gets sexy on the court at the 2010 Sony Ericsson Open.
17 of 24
18. Venus rocks a double slit tennis dress while playing with her sister at the 2010 Australian Open.
18 of 24
19. Serena goes pink on pink at the 2013 US Open.
19 of 24
20. Serena looks gorgeous in pink cheetah at the 2014 US Open.
20 of 24
21. More cheetah for Serena at the 2014 US Open.
21 of 24
22. Serena wears a yellow crop top at the 2016 Australian Open.
22 of 24
23. Serena and Venus get braided up in preparation for Rio Olympics.
23 of 24
24. Serena Williams represents Team USA at the 2016 Rio Olympics.
24 of 24