While many were getting their lives watching Insecure, the Game of Thrones finale, or the MTV Video Music Awards, Frank Ocean surprised fans with a new song called “Provider,” which premiered during episode 007 of Blonded Radio. According to The FADER, Ocean also dropped a remix of 2 Chainz’s “Rolls Royce Bi**h” with a freestyle verse. Check out a recap here.
White supremacist Daniel Borden was charged with malicious wounding in the attack of Deandre Harris, the 20-year-old Black man who was brutally beaten in a parking garage on August 12 in Charlottesville. WCPO Cincinnati reports that Borden was arrested on Friday and is being held at the Hamilton County Justice Center. But Greg Berberich, Borden’s family’s attorney, believes his client will be exonerated, stating Borden was charged “as a consequence of rioting caused by the City of Charlottesville’s decision to allow (Black Lives Matter) and Antifah (sic) members to attack those protesting the removal of Robert E. Lee’s statue from a local park.”
Harris told Raleigh, North Carolina’s WRAL that eight staples were needed to seal his head together following the attack. He also suffered a broken wrist, chipped tooth, and busted lip.
Trump may be getting ready to lift a ban on selling military gear to cops. Documents obtained by USA Today detail plans to do away with an executive order put in place by Barack Obama, which “ blocked armored vehicles, large-caliber weapons, ammunition and other heavy equipment from being re-purposed from foreign battlefields to America’s streets.” Jeff Sessions is expected to address these changes during the annual meeting of the Fraternal Order of Police on Monday. The news comes just days after Donald Trump signed a memo implementing his new transgender military ban, NPR reports.
Meanwhile, the president also somehow thinks the Houston hurricane aftermath is some sort of point of “pride” to be celebrated:
SOURCE: The FADER, WCPO Cincinnati, WRAL, USA Today, NPR
GO BROTHA! Frank Ocean’s ‘Channel Orange’ No. 2 On Billboard!
Chris Brown, Frank Ocean Brawl At Recording Studio
Flashback Friday: 20 Nostalgic Photos From The Billboard Music Awards Over The Years
20 photos Launch gallery
1. Mariah Carey was a Billboard queen in the early ’90s.
1 of 20
2. Janet Jackson won multiple awards beginning back in the 1980s.
2 of 20
3. Whitney Houston was deemed “The Voice” after her success on the Billboard charts in 1990.
3 of 20
4. Destiny’s Child evolved with the times, and took home multiple awards in 2001 while doing so.
4 of 20
5. Back when Cash Money took over for the ’99 and 2000s.
5 of 20
6. The Spice Girls ruled the ’90s with girl power.
6 of 20
7. Usher was a big winner back in 1997 following his “My Way” album.
7 of 20
8. 1999 – Back when Jay Z still did award shows and red carpets.
8 of 20
9. Lauryn Hill, aka L Boogie, received her award for R&B Album Of The Year in 1998.
9 of 20
10. Before billions of dollars and Beats headphones, Snoop and Dre were just two cool kids from Cali in 1993.
10 of 20
11. Nelly rocking two headbands and Pink with her pink hair…this photo screams 2001.
11 of 20
12. Cher being Cher back in 1997.
12 of 20
13. Vintage ‘Ye when he was the Louis Vuitton Don.
13 of 20
14. Back in 2004, Ciara was still keeping her “goodies” in a jar.
14 of 20
15. Christina Aguilera back in her 2000 “Dirty” days.
15 of 20
16. Pre-bad boy behavior Justin Bieber presenting an award to a then red-haired Rihanna in 2011.
16 of 20
17. Miley Cyrus accepted her award in 2012 – before she revealed her hippie-inspired, tongue-wagging persona.
17 of 20
18. Erykah Badu and Janelle Monae gave major Queen vibes back in 2011.
18 of 20
19. When Wiz and Amber Rose were still in newlywed bliss.
19 of 20
20. In 2014, Kylie showed off her new grown up look.
20 of 20
The Wake Up: Frank Ocean’s New Track, White Supremacist Arrested In Deandre Harris Attack, Trump Lifts Military Gear Ban was originally published on newsone.com