Taking the hip-hop musical to a whole new level, Walt Disney Records is set to release the soundtrack to the upcoming Disney Channel Original Movie “Let It Shine.“
Featuring 13 songs — soulful ballads, funky jams and epic hip hop battles — performed by the movie’s stars including Hollywood Records’ artist Coco Jones, Tyler James Williams and Brandon Mychal Smith, the album will be available for pre-order at iTunes beginning today and arrives in stores and online retailers June 12.
Here is your first taste of the music here:
Make sure to share and like this with other parents. Our friends at Disney worked very hard on this, so share!
The “Let It Shine” album also includes videos, special offers and four instrumental tracks that fans can access from their computers and use to create their own rap battles.
Radio Disney has already sampled one track, “Don’t Run Away,” which is climbing the Top 30 charts based on listener requests. Radio Disney will premiere the full soundtrack on Saturday, June 9 and will have cast members in studio leading up to the Disney Channel premiere of the movie on Friday, June 15.
Make sure that you check out:Garcelle Beauvais Set To Release Children’s Book Series
The tracks were written by top songwriters and producers in contemporary pop/R&B: Antonina Armato & Tim James, David Banner, Andy Dodd, In-Q, J-Doe, Toby Gad, Adam Hicks, Steven Jones, Jay L’Oreal, Justin Mobley, Tocarra Phillips, Lindy Robbins, Thomas Armato Sturges, Dapo Torimiro, Anya Vasilenko, Jon Vella, Lambert “Stereo” Waldrip and Adam Watts. A concept music video for “Guardian Angel” featuring Tyler James Williams and Coco Jones was directed by Chris Applebaum (Rihanna, Selena Gomez & the Scene, Mariah Carey) and will debut on Disney Channel on Friday, June 1.
Songs included on “Let It Shine” soundtrack are:
- “Don’t Run Away” by Tyler James Williams featuring IM5 – a confessional uptempo jam about loving from afar performed by Tyler with up-and-coming teen group, IM5.
- “Guardian Angel” by Tyler James Williams and Coco Jones – Tyler raps and Coco sings this elegant ballad about finding purpose and heading for the top.
- “Me and You” by Tyler James Williams and Coco Jones – This edgy duet captures the essence of a young couple trying for one last chance before love slips away.
- “What I Said” – Coco Jones throws down as both a singer and rapper on this upbeat R&B track.
- “Who I’m Gonna Be” – Coco Jones rocks it old school on this ’70s-style funk piece about self-determination.
- “You Belong to Me” by Tyler James Williams – a moving love song performed Tyler.
- “Tonight’s the Night” by Brandon Mychal Smith, Spencer Lee and Tyler James Williams – Pure party music, sung by the “Let It Shine” cast, sets the stage for hi-hop supremacy in the club.
- “Around the Block” by cast of “Let It Shine” – One of the film’s sensational m.c. battles, where razor-sharp wit and humor trumps all.
- “Moment of Truth” by Tyler James Williams and Brandon Mychal Smith – the climactic hip-hop battle, is as funny as it is memorable.
- “Joyful Noise” by the cast of “Let It Shine” – This upbeat gospel-flavored track sums up all the positive energy of “Let It Shine.”
Here is some family friendly music that you can play for everyone.
Disney Channel’s Let It Shine: Don’t Run Away- Tyler James Williams [VIDEO] was originally published on elev8.com