It has been a whirlwind year in politics as the nation gears up for next year’s presidential election.
Some of the top moments include when Loretta Lynch became the first female African-American U.S. Attorney General and the second woman to hold the position. In another important moment for women, Hillary Clinton threw her hat into the ring to become a Democratic presidential contender in the hopes of becoming the first female commander-in-chief.
President Barack Obama continued his fight to reform the nation’s shaky criminal justice system, defending Black Lives Matter. The president also helped usher in important change outside the borders of the nation, helping the U.S. and Cuba restore diplomatic relations.
Check out the gallery for more and let us know what political moment of 2015 stood out for you.
PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
Obama Vows To Defeat ISIS, Grants 95 Pardons & Commutations
It’s Official: President Obama Had The Best 2015 — Here Are The Pictures To Prove It
Top 11 Political Moments Of 2015
11 photos Launch gallery
1. Loretta Lynch Confirmed As U.S. Attorney General
1 of 11
2. Supreme Court Legalizes Same-Sex Marriage
2 of 11
3. Confederate Flag Removed From South Carolina Statehouse
3 of 11
4. Hillary Clinton Announces Second Presidential Bid
4 of 11
5. President Barack Obama Defends Black Lives Matter
5 of 11
6. President Obama Visits Prison
6 of 11
7. U.S. and Cuba Restore Diplomatic Relations.
7 of 11
8. DOJ Announces Probe Of Chicago Police
8 of 11
9. President Barack Obama Sings "Amazing Grace"
9 of 11
10. Vice President Joe Biden Almost Ran for President
10 of 11
11. Bernie Sanders Sick of Clinton's Emails
11 of 11
Here Are The Top Political Moments Of 2015 was originally published on newsone.com