For the past three weeks, we’ve tuned into FX every Tuesday at 10 p.m. as the network retells the story of O.J. Simpson‘s 1995 murder trial.
Though it is widely believed “O.J. did it,” the famed football player was found innocent in the gruesome deaths of his ex-wife Nicole Brown and her friend Ron Goldman.
Many of us were too young to understand the magnitude of what happened, but the mini-series does a good job at showing the impact of O.J. Simpson’s trial on American culture and what would later be known as the 24-hour news cycle. The series also paints a clear picture of how LAPD police culture influenced the jury’s eventual findings.
You’ll quickly learn that O.J.’s trial changed American media forever and conveniently came at a time when most Black men and women had already felt hunted by law enforcement. You’ll also get wrapped up in the question on everyone’s mind: Did he actually do it?
O.J. may have literally gotten away with murder, but is currently serving up to 33 years for an unrelated armed robbery/kidnapping case. Check out some photos of the key players in his story, and be sure to tune in to The People v O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story tonight.
The story’s heating up.
PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
40 Photos Of O.J. Simpson & The Key Players In His Murder Trial
1. O.J. seen talking to his lawyers Robert Shapiro, Johnnie Cochran, and Robert Kardashian during a trial date.Source:Getty 1 of 28
2. The late Robert Kardashian defends his friend O.J. Simpson in court.Source:Getty 2 of 28
3. O.J. Simpson and his ex-wife Nicole Brown in seemingly happier times.Source:Getty 3 of 28
4. AI Cowlings, the friend who drove O.J. during his infamous Bronco chase.Source:Getty 4 of 28
5. Judge Lance Ito listens to defense motions to exclude Mark Fuhrman's testimony and the prosecutions' response to retain the information 11 September during a court hearing in the O.J. Simpson murder trail.Source:Getty 5 of 28
6. O.J. x Johnnie Cochran.Source:Getty 6 of 28
7. Deputy District Attorney Chris Darden asks Judge Lance Ito in the O.J.Simpson case 13 January to bar the defense from asking Los Angeles Police detective Mark Fuhrman if he ever uttered a racial epithet.Source:Getty 7 of 28
8. Did O.J. do it?Source:Getty 8 of 28
9. The scene around O.J.'s October 3rd trial date.Source:Getty 9 of 28
10. O.J.'s sister spotted near the crime scene.Source:Getty 10 of 28
11. The infamous Bronco chase.Source:Getty 11 of 28
12. The crowd cheers after hearing the verdict on October 3rd, 1995.Source:Getty 12 of 28
13. A much earlier photo of O.J. and his good friend AI Cowlings, circa 1979.Source:Getty 13 of 28
14. O.J. tries on a glove that was used in the murder of his ex-wife.Source:Getty 14 of 28
15. O.J. Simpson and his ex-wife Nicole Brown in seemingly happier times.Source:Getty 15 of 28
16. Deputy district attorney Marcia Clark is shown during testimony at the preliminary hearings.Source:Getty 16 of 28
17. O.J. Simpson and his kids at Nicole Simpson's funeral.Source:Getty 17 of 28
18. Robert Shapiro reads O.J.'s damning letter to the press.Source:Getty 18 of 28
19. O.J. Simpson with Nicole and the kids during happier times.Source:Getty 19 of 28
20. Johnnie Cochran lays down the law, circa 1995.Source:Getty 20 of 28
21. The Juice at his 1994-1995 murder trial.Source:Getty 21 of 28
22. Robert Kardashian sits through trial.Source:Getty 22 of 28
23. Robert Shapiro x O.J. Simpson.Source:Getty 23 of 28
24. Robert Shapiro in 2015.Source:Getty 24 of 28
25. O.J. Simpson leaving the courthouse after the civil trial that followed his murder trial.Source:Getty 25 of 28
26. O.J. heads to the place he knows best, court.Source:Getty 26 of 28
27. O.J. at an evidentiary hearing in 2013.Source:Getty 27 of 28
28. O.J. at an evidentiary hearing in 2013.Source:Getty 28 of 28
American Crime Story: 27 Photos Of O.J. Simpson & The Key Players In His Murder Trial was originally published on globalgrind.com