The saying “you can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make them drink” is ringing truer than ever for former President Barack Obama.
The New York Post reports that Robert M. Gill, whose life sentence on drug charges was commuted by Obama, is back behind bars after cops caught him with more than two pounds of cocaine following a high-speed chase.
According to federal court papers, Gill met with his probation officers and then went to the parking lot of a food market to buy more than two pounds of cocaine. He met a person who gave him a black backpack that he placed in his vehicle. A sheriff’s deputy in an unmarked car then tried to stop him. The former Texas inmate took off and embarked on a high-speed chase, in which he eventually collided with another vehicle and deputies were able to disable his car.
Officers found the cocaine in the backpack and arrested him. Gill’s lawyer, Ronald Schmidt, told reporters,“I’m so disappointed to hear that he got arrested again.” The former drug dealer was initially imprisoned in 1990 for cocaine and heroin distribution before Obama set him free along with 1,715 other nonviolent federal inmates in 2015.
Gill has been charged with possession with intent to distribute 500 grams or more of cocaine and was held without bail. He faces a return to prison for up to 40 years.
The Best Pics Of Barack Obama & His Cheesy Smile (PHOTOS)
1. This is the "work is done" face.Source:Getty 1 of 33
2. That guy should watch out, Obama's smile is contagious!Source:Getty 2 of 33
3. Smile, it's a beautiful day.Source:Getty 3 of 33
4. Obama and his smile are at it again.Source:Getty 4 of 33
5. He's got some great pearly whites.Source:Getty 5 of 33
6. He has many reasons to flash his smile.Source:Getty 6 of 33
7. *Waves to the haters.*Source:Getty 7 of 33
8. Black tie and a smile is the best combination.Source:Getty 8 of 33
9. Obama and Biden: Bros for life.Source:Getty 9 of 33
10. Hesitant smile?Source:Getty 10 of 33
11. We moved "forward" with Obama in 2012.Source:Getty 11 of 33
12. After waving to his haters, he waved to his supporters.Source:Getty 12 of 33
13. What's up there? Oh, another reason to smile.Source:Getty 13 of 33
14. Hey there, people of America!Source:Getty 14 of 33
15. Smile, you're on Candid Camera.Source:Getty 15 of 33
16. Is Obama cheesy or nah?Source:Getty 16 of 33
17. America the beautiful with Obama's darling smile.Source:Getty 17 of 33
18. During one of speeches, the president made sure to smile to his supporters.Source:Getty 18 of 33
19. Bill can learn a thing or two from Obama's smiling game.Source:Getty 19 of 33
20. Say cheese!Source:Getty 20 of 33
21. President Obama is happy. Shouldn't we all feel the same?Source:Getty 21 of 33
22. Smile!Source:Getty 22 of 33
23. "Hey you...smile!"Source:Getty 23 of 33
24. Let's all be happy like the president.Source:Getty 24 of 33
25. This is an "LOL" moment in real time.Source:Getty 25 of 33
26. He's not laughing at you...or is he?Source:Getty 26 of 33
27. Smiley aren't we?Source:Getty 27 of 33
28. Ha!Source:Getty 28 of 33
29. Waves and smiles.Source:Getty 29 of 33
30. The "Oh, I see what you did there" look.Source:Getty 30 of 33
31. Obama has plenty of reasons to smile..he has Michelle.Source:Getty 31 of 33
32. The wind won't break his smile.Source:Getty 32 of 33
33. Doesn't he have the cheesiest smile ever?33 of 33
SMH! Drug Dealer Who Had His Sentence Commuted By Obama Faces Jail Time Again was originally published on globalgrind.com