Texas police have charged a Houston man with a hate crime Wednesday who attempted to stab an African-American man after hatefully referring to him using a racial slur Tuesday, reports KPRC Houston.
From KPRC Houston:
Harris County prosecutors said James Scott Lee, 32, chose his victim based on the victim’s race.
Prosecutors said Lee was heard saying, “I hate (N-word)s, and I’m going to kill me one today,” before he brandished the knife. They said the victim was able to escape Lee by jumping into a car and locking the door.
Lee could face 20 years-to-life in prison if convicted, reports the Houston Chronicle.
Politicians Doing Time for Their Crime
1. Former Congressman William JeffersonSource: 1 of 17
2. Former Detroit City Council President Monica ConyersSource: 2 of 17
3. Former Ohio State Representative W. Carlton WeddingtonSource: 3 of 17
4. Sisters of corruption -Jane Orie, Joan Orie Melvin and Janine OrieSource: 4 of 17
5. Former Mississippi state prosecutor and judge Bobby DeLaughterSource: 5 of 17
6. Former New York State Senator Shirley HuntleySource: 6 of 17
7. Former Governor of Illinois and golden boy Rod BlagojevichSource: 7 of 17
8. Former Prince George’s County Council member Leslie JohnsonSource: 8 of 17
9. Former Prince County Executive Jack B. JohnsonSource: 9 of 17
10. Former Birmingham Mayor Larry LangfordSource: 10 of 17
11. Former Federal District Judge Samuel B. Kent (Texas)Source: 11 of 17
12. Former New Orleans Mayor Ray NaginSource: 12 of 17
13. Former City Councilman Larry SeabrookSource: 13 of 17
14. Former New York State Senator Efrain GonzalezSource: 14 of 17
15. Former Connecticut Governor John G. RowlandSource: 15 of 17
16. Former State Senator Dianne WilkersonSource: 16 of 17
17. Current D.C. Council member Marion BarrySource: 17 of 17
Racist Arrested After Attempting To Stab Black Man, Hurling N-Word was originally published on newsone.com