Some critics of Cardi B say she hasn’t staunchly claimed her blackness to their satisfaction. But Cardi B spoke out about their demand, breaking down her love for her Caribbean culture.
She explained that repping her Caribbean roots proudly is not a rejection of her blackness- it’s the same thing. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from Gary’s Tea on “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Kendrick Lamar Performs Virgil Abloh Tribute At Louis Vuitton SS23 Show [Video]
- Flamin’ Hot Cheetos Led Megan Thee Stallion to Sign with Jay-Z’s Roc Nation
- Leiomy, Law Roach and More Step Into the Metaverse ‘Culture Series: PRIDE Unbound’ Discussing Ballroom Culture
- Feds Want Longer Jail Sentence for Nicki Minaj’s Husband
- The Sky Isn’t Falling: Irv Gotti Says Drake’s ‘Honestly, Nevermind’ Will Bring Hip-Hop’s Decline
- Snapchat Looking Out For 25 Black Content Creators, Annouces Funding & Mentorship Program
- Believe The Hype: Bill Cosby’s Sticky Situation, What’s Up With Flights & More
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade To Make Abortion Unconstitutional
- Lil TJay’s Road To Recovery, Chris Brown’s New Album Features & More!
- Biden Proposes Summer Gas Tax Holiday for Relief At The Pumps
Why Cardi B Came For People Over Her Blackness [EXCLUSIVE] was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com