Roxane Gay is a critically acclaimed and New York Times best-selling author. She also was a writer for Marvel’s “Black Panther: World of Wakanda” comic series. The series was cancelled after six issues, but it still served as a major inspiration for the highly-anticipated Black Panther film’s style and storyline, according to an interview Chadwick Boseman gave in 2016.
So, isn’t it kind of messed up that she wasn’t invited to premiere of the movie that her work served as inspiration for? Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from Gary’s Tea on “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Chris Brown In Police Custody In Paris After Rape Accusation
- ‘LHHNYS9’ Recap: Yandy’s Foster Daughter May Not Have Told Her The Truth
- MAGA Hat Wearing Teen from Covington Makes Statement, See Full Video
- Jumpin’ The Broom! Tammy Rivera And Waka Flocka Renew Their Vows
- Erykah Badu Tries To Clarify Her R. Kelly Comments: ‘I Want Healing For You & Anyone You Hurt’
- #RememberWhen: Ol’ Dirty Bastard Interrupts The 1998 Grammys After Puff Daddy Wins ‘Best Rap Album’
- PnB Rock Arrested For Stolen Gun and Marijuana Possession
- All The Road Closures In Atlanta During Super Bowl Week
- Kamala Harris Is Officially Running For President In 2020 [VIDEO]
- Motivational Monday: 10 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. (Quotes)
Why Wasn’t Black Panther Writer Roxane Gay Invited To The Movie Premiere? [EXCLUSIVE] was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com